27 May 2022 - 27 May 2022
The Box & Barbican Theatre present 'Identity Parade' - a fashion show with a twist and a showcase for some of Plymouth and the South West’s most exciting designers, creatives and brands. Come and see their creations on the catwalk as they respond to a range of themes and mix it up with DJs, dancers and divas.
From red carpet couture to amazing accessories, this is a fashion show all about identity: individual identity, community identity and Plymouth’s identity in the world of fashion.
It’s been inspired by ‘Dress Code – Fashion Stories from The Box' (until 4 September) – the city’s first exhibition dedicated to fashion. ‘Dress Code’ spans the 1700s to the present day and includes everything from lace to latex.
Thank you to:
- Queer District Collective for being our event partner. QDC is a meeting space for queer individuals, groups and their allies which creates and supports activity on Plymouth’s queer district of the Bretonside area and beyond, to empower those who belong to the LGBTQ+ community and to strengthen their rights
- Bogey Knights for being our runway sponsor. Bogey Knights is the oldest surplus shop in the UK, located in Devonport, Plymouth. It's an Aladdin’s cave for a diverse collection of makers, fixers and creators. They deal in everything surplus: wood, textiles, chandlery, including ropes that have sailed the seven seas and a whole host of weird and wonderful items.
- Barbican Botanics for sponsoring our bar and providing a free drink for ticket holders on arrival to the show. Attendees will also receive a 10% discount off their bill at Barbican Botanics on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May
- Plymouth History Festival for sponsoring the 'Historic C'est Chic' category
- Drake Circus for sponsoring the 'DressCode (Identity)' category