Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
Due to the current government guidance, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone the Plymouth Preview on Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 May. We still welcome people to register their interest for tickets to the event and will look to contact successful winners when new dates have been confirmed.
Due to the uncertainty of when this will be, we ask that applicants select the existing day and time they feel would be most convenient. We will then use this selection to allocate tickets when the time comes.
In light of the current situation, we have also extended the registration period and the ballot will now close on Friday 10 April at 9am. Please read below for how to register for tickets.
The Box is hosting a special opening for Plymouth residents to thank them for their continued support during our development.
Tickets are free but limited, and you’ll need to register your interest and confirm you are part of a Plymouth Council Tax paying household using the form below to be in with a chance to attend.
Successful applicants will have an early opportunity to experience our extraordinary galleries before they open to the public. Highlights will include Plymouth’s historic collections, our resident Mammoth, and 14 restored figureheads alongside contemporary works from renowned artists like Leonor Antunes. Winners will also get a sneak peek of the national exhibition for the Mayflower 400 commemorations, Mayflower 400: Legend & Legacy.
Finally, those with tickets will enjoy the newly renovated Tavistock Place, bought alive with street food and entertainment.
Terms of entry
Entry to the Plymouth Preview is ticketed to ensure all visitors have the best first experience of The Box.
- Only households that fall within Plymouth City Council tax areas are eligible to apply.
- All tickets will be allocated by random selection.
- By registering for the event your details will be submitted into the pool for your selected time slot of 10am to 12pm, 12.30pm to 2.30pm or 3pm to 5pm.
- Please note that a maximum of four tickets will be allocated to each successful applicant.
- Those not eligible are encouraged to attend our public opening on Saturday 16 May and Sunday 17 May.
- For more information please view our full list of our terms and conditions.