These terms and conditions apply to the use of our website. By using the website you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions shown here.
- We make every effort to provide accurate information on our website. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy of the information provided
- We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to the website.
- We cannot accept liability for any damage or loss whatsoever as a result of using this website.
- We adhere to the social media policy set out by Plymouth City Council and would encourage users who want to engage with us on social media to do so within these guidelines. We reserve the right to remove any contributions that break the rules or guidelines of a particular channel or the acceptable use policy outlined.
- We will link to external sites but this does not usually include commercial websites. We are not responsible for the content and may not endorse the content that is available in an external website we link to. You may link to our site from a personal or organisational website and we would prefer you to do this rather than copy information which may later become out of date.
- Your details will not be passed on to a third party. Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 we ensure strict procedures are followed when storing information you have given us.
- All rights in the design, text, graphics and other material on our site and the selection or arrangement thereof is copyright of The Box, Plymouth or other third parties. Permission is granted to electronically download, copy and print, in hard copy, portions of our site solely for private or educational use (within the classroom), provided that no changes are made to the material and that The Box, Plymouth is acknowledged as the owner.
- Any other use of the materials on our site (including reproduction for purposes other than noted above and alteration, modification, distribution or republication) without our prior written permission is strictly prohibited. Should you require permission for the above, please contact [email protected].
- Permission to reproduce copyright material on this site does not extend to any material identified as being the copyright of a third party. Permission to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holder.
- Photographic images are occasionally used for journalistic or artistic purposes. Whenever possible The Box obtains (either directly or via third parties) the express permission for images of people to be used on the web. However, this is not always possible for group photographs. Should a member of the public object to their image being contained in any such photograph they should email [email protected] and the photograph will be removed.
We welcome you to The Box and hope you have an enjoyable visit. Although entry to The Box is free (subject to charges for certain exhibitions and tours), it is a condition of entry that you comply with the regulations set out below. We reserve the right to change these regulations from time to time. Such changes will apply to you immediately upon their being posted in changed form on the website.
The following defined terms are used in these regulations:
“Official” means any employee of Arca (Plymouth) Limited or Plymouth City Council working at, or in connection with, The Box.
“Site” means the premises known as The Box together with St Luke’s Church and the surrounding land situated at 37 Tavistock Place, Plymouth, PL4 8AX
“We” means Arca (Plymouth) Limited (a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 12187662 whose registered office is at Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 3BJ) trading as The Box. “Our” and “us” should be construed accordingly.
“Website” means our website at www.theboxplymouth.com and any sub-domains.
“You” means any person entering The Box museum. “Your” should be construed accordingly.
Opening hours and access to the Site
Normal opening hours of the Site are displayed at the entrance of The Box museum. It may, however, be necessary for us to change the opening hours, without notice, for example, for security reasons. We accept no liability to anyone in relation to any such change being made.
We reserve the right to refuse anyone entry to the Site at our absolute discretion, and any person who fails to comply with instructions from an Official or other person acting on our behalf may be refused entry to, or removed from, the Site.
Anyone found (in our opinion, or that of any Official or other person acting on our behalf) to be causing or threatening to cause any damage to any part of the Site, the Site infrastructure, causing or threatening to cause any harm to any other person at the Site or in the near vicinity, or behaving in an illegal, anti-social or aggressive manner, or appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol or in breach of these conditions will be required to leave the Site or the immediate vicinity and may be reported to the police.
We reserve the right to search any person and their personal property and refuse admission to, or remove from the Site, any person who refuses to be searched by an Official or the police or other person acting on our or their behalf. If, on searching your person or property, we (or our Officials or any other persons acting on our behalf) find any items which we do not allow to be brought onto the Site (as described below under “Prohibited Items”) or any similar item(s) that may be a risk to the Site or any of our Officials or visitors to the Site) we/they may remove it, and return it to you when you leave the Museum. If we (or any other such people) find an illegal item in your bag they will confiscate it, and hand it to the police.
It may be necessary for us to close parts of the Site temporarily in which case we may require you to leave those areas by the routes which we determine.
No animals will be permitted to enter the Site, other than assistance dogs, guide dogs or hearing dogs for disabled people.
The following articles are not permitted to be brought into the Site: flags, advertising or marketing messages, chairs, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, cans, poles, and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. This list represents a non-exhaustive list of the types of articles which are not permitted and we retain a discretionary right to refuse entry to, or remove, any person found to be carrying any of these items or any similar items.
Please do not leave any of your property unattended at any time in or around the Site, including in any outdoor areas. We reserve the right to remove and/or destroy any unattended property at our complete discretion and will not be liable for any loss to you incurred by reason of us doing that.
Unless indicated otherwise in relation to particular exhibits, you may take pictures and videos with handheld cameras and devices. You may not take pictures or videos with any equipment which requires a stand or separate lighting.
Other than with our prior written consent you may only use any pictures and/or videos for personal (not commercial) use.
Food and drink
No food or drinks are permitted to be brought into the Site other than one small plastic bottle of water per person.
You are not allowed to consume food and drink on the Site except in the restaurant/café areas.
Bicycles and mobility scooters
No bicycles are permitted within any buildings in the Site.
Mobility scooters are permitted within the Site.
Other than as provided below and to the extent permitted by law:
- we will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) that may result to you or a third party in connection with your visiting the Site; and
- we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity in connection with your visit to the Site.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability: (i) for death or personal injury arising from our negligence; (ii) for fraud; or (iii) in any other circumstances for which our liability cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual obligations arising in connection with them) are governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or matter arising in connection with these terms and conditions.