Become a member
Now available to buy online. Please click on Individual or Household Membership to select the best option for you.
Our Members are our biggest supporters. Make the most of Plymouth's major new museum, art gallery and archive, and access an exciting package of member benefits, including:
- Unlimited free entry to Elizabethan House and Smeaton’s Tower during the 2024 summer season for members (plus up to 3 children with Individual membership and up to 3 children with Household membership)
- Unlimited free entry to the Mayflower Museum
- 1 Free Bitesize lunchtime talk
- 20% off Behind the Scenes tours
- Exclusive invites to four exhibition previews a year
- Quarterly members newsletter
- 10% discount in our shop plus free delivery for online orders during January each year and member flash sales throughout the year
When and how can I become a Member?
Individual, Household and Gift Memberships are available to buy online - please see our links above. If you're unable make a purchase online, we may be able to help you using the iPad at our Welcome Desk.
How long does membership last?
Memberships are available on a rolling basis throughout the year and last for 12 months.
Is there a Membership Card?
Yes. Your membership card will be posted to you once ready and is made from card in accordance with our policy for minimising single-use plastic.
The card is linked to your record and can only be used by you. Our individual membership card covers one adult and up to three children who live at the same address. Our household membership card is for two adults and up to three children who live in the same household. You cannot allow anyone else to use your card and we may ask for proof of identity.
Read our full membership terms and conditions.
Is there a ‘Friends’ scheme that I can join?
From 1951 to 2019 we were fortunate enough to benefit from the generous support of the Friends of Plymouth City Museum and Art Gallery (FPCMAG) and we thank them for all their hard work and contributions. At the end of 2019 they closed their membership scheme and were invited to become the first Members of The Box.
Is there a Patron’s Circle at The Box?
We recognise the contribution of our high-level donors and high-profile ambassadors. If you are in a position to consider making a substantial (£1000+) donation to The Box Foundation then please get in touch with us to discuss how we might work together and acknowledge your support.