In light of the latest news updates about the COVID-19 virus, teachers are asked to wear face coverings while they are on site at The Box. Secondary pupils will need to wear a face covering when they're moving around the building. Our facilitators will also continue to wear face coverings at all times.
Some helpful booking information
If you'd like to book a schools workshop please book at least one month in advance. We run workshops on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please take a look at the sessions we offer (in the Learning stages section below) to help with your booking. Bookings are confirmed once you've filled out our online form (see button below) and you've received a confirmation from us. We always aim to get back to you within 5 working days.
Our SENsational workshops for students with special educational needs and disabilities, including those with profound and multiple disabilities and ASC, are open to visits from a range of educational settings.
Give your class the chance to work with a practising artist, to explore our visual arts displays and develop their own creative responses.
Plan Your School Visit
We believe in the power of art and history to shape and change the world around us, and our expert team want to share that with your students.
- Experience hands-on encounters that can’t be replicated in the classroom.
- Support your students to become lifelong cultural learners.
- Develop your students’ enquiry and oracy skills, inspired by real sources of evidence and contemporary art.
- Enhance your teaching in the classroom with memorable experiences and visits that support your curriculum teaching.
- Access objects and artefacts that aren’t on display to the public.
What does a school visit include?
- General Admission to The Box and admission to our Mayflower Exhibition.
- A dedicated bag drop box.
- Exclusive use of the Simmons Learning Room as your base and for your group as a lunch space.
- Measures in place for your safety, including reduced capacity (only one school on site at any one time) and access to a sink in the Simmons Learning Room to support regular hand washing throughout the day.
How do I book a school visit?
For your safety and the safety of our staff, all schools visits must be booked at least one month in advance. Please use the online form button at the top of this page.
To help you to get the most from your schools visit, we recommend that you make a planning pre-visit to The Box. You can also download our Teachers Hazard Assessment below to help you to write your own risk assessment.